Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Save on ink

How many times have you run out of printer ink and found yourself running over to Staples, Best Buy or CompUSA, or some other store, only to find out it's too expensive or you can't afford to replace the cartridge(s). We've had a number printers over the years, and we always ran into this problem. $50 - $80 for black and color, or 4 cartridges for each color. It always cost way too much! And as a graphic designer, such as myself, we need to have ink all the time!

I have an Epson 2200 that I bought back in college. It's 9 years old, still works, and I love it! It prints 13" by a banner, and takes 7 different cartridges. Beats those printers that only have black and color. The cost of ink on those things are EXPENSIVE and a waste of ink if you run out of one color! Even purchasing 7 cartridges is expensive, but at least I can replace one color rather then the whole color cartridge.

Well, if you are in need of ink and you don't want to pay a ridiculous amount (in which I don't blame anyone), visit www.enviroinks.com. My fiancé found this site a few years back, and I have been using it ever since. The ink I need is there, and it's cheaper then any other place I have found. Only a few dollars for each color for my Epson. My first order from enviroinks came out to a total of $32 for all 7 cartridges. HUGE savings compared to Staples. I was paying about a $120. I could buy 4 sets of cartridges at enviroinks for that price!

After I empty a cartridge I will turn around and recycle them. You do have the option to recycle them with enviroinks and save on your next order, but what I will actually do is I will recycle them at Staples, and earn Staples Rewards. Since Staples will only allow you to recycle 10 cartridges per calendar month, I'll drop off my 10 cartridges and then, in about 4 weeks, I'll receive something in the mail that looks like this:



This will reflect how much I get back from Staples as my reward for recycling ink cartridges. There are other ways of earning more rewards, but since I don't shop there often, this is what I will do, so I can use the rewards towards paper, supplies or, if I need ink right away, I'll get ink. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment