Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Super G and Shell Gas points

As you know by now, Super G is my preferred grocery store. I've been shopping there since I moved here to Delaware. I just think the service there is great, the people are friendly and helpful, prices and quality on their groceries seem better then some other places, and they know myself, my father, and now my fiancé, as loyal customers. Some other reasons why I love shopping at Super G is they let you stack coupons on top of their sale price, which helps maximize savings, and they have an awesome gas point program, in which they have partnered with some of the local Shell gas stations.

The gas point program is pretty good idea, since the price of gas is so ridiculous! This will probably sound old of me, but I remember growing up, when gas prices were $1! This is when I lived in California. Since I moved here, to the east coast, the only time I saw gas for less then a $1 was when my uncle and I drove to Sea Isle, New Jersey, and we stopped at gas station that was .98¢! This was over 10 years ago already.

So how the gas point program works is for every 100 points you earn, it adds .10¢ to your rewards card to use any participating Shell gas stations. Basically, every $1 you spend, is 1 point. Everyone $100 you spend will equal .10¢.

Now you're probably thinking, why in the world you would keep spending $100 to give yourself gas points? Well, I'm not. There are other ways to wrack up on those points. ;o)

#1. About once a month I may see this, but ONLY found in the weekly circular for Super G, you may find a coupon that looks something like this:

This happened to be in this weeks circular (Oct 19 - 25, 2012). The other ones I had seen before were actually for .30¢, but this was even better! So, what I did was, I took my father's coupon from his circular, and I took my coupon from my circular, and I did two separate grocery trips, because it does state, "one coupon, per person, per transaction."

While, I was shopping on my first trip, I happened to notice, at the front door, the SAME circular with the SAME coupon was on every single circular! Are you kidding me?!?! I was nice, and grabbed one circular to bring home. I now had a total of 3 .50¢ coupons, which totaled to $1.50 OFF PER GALLON OF GAS!  So, I used one coupon that night, and then the following night, my father and myself went back to Super G, and made separate transactions. SCORE!

#2. Also found in Super G's circular, you may find this:

Now, honestly, I think these are a "trap" for you to spend more money. It will only make sense to take advantage of something like this, when they are items you normally stock up on, purchase all the time, or are something of need, NOT WANT. So, I normally shy away from these "traps" unless I see something we need AND if there are some coupons I could use to go with it. ;O)

After grocery shopping last night with my father, together we wracked up the gas points at $2.10 OFF PER GALLON OF GAS! (We had points earned on the card before the $1.50 savings was added). Whoo-hoo! So, off to the gas station we went!

You're probably thinking, this girl is nuts! Well, I know I can be a nut sometimes, but I wouldn't call this crazy at all. I was just trying to be smart. I stocked up between the two shopping trips, I saved a total of $75 (from sales, store coupons, and manufacture coupons) spent about $115 in groceries, and then saved a good chunk in gas!

Here is how the trip to the gas station went:

























When was the last time you saw $1.49 for gas? ;o)

For more information on the gas point program, please visit: http://www.giantfood.com/savings/shell_program.htm or you can download the Giant app (free) for your iPhone to see where you at with your gas points from Super G.

No comments:

Post a Comment