Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bed Bath & Beyond

My fiancĂ© and I were in Bed Bath & Beyond (BB&B) several months back looking for curtains to go in the bedroom. We had shopped around before at different stores, but I was being a fussy with the kind of curtains we should get. I wanted the one with the thermal insulated back to help with energy costs throughout the year.

We finally found them at BB&B. It was the Boca Thermasave Panels, 84" panels, in ivory. $40 each. We bought 4 panels total (2 panels per window) and we bought 2 $18 rods to hang them with.

I had heard, from a friend, that BB&B accepts their expired mail coupons:





So I held on to all my mail coupons to see if this was true. I received them in my mail box, my father gave me his BB&B coupons from his mailbox, and my future mother in law, had been collecting her BB&B coupons to give to us. So, we had a bunch of them, in hand, when we walked in. I also printed out the BB&B coupons I got in my email.

The first time you signup, on their website, you automatically receive a 20% savings coupon in your inbox. I signed up on 2 different emails, so I had 2 coupons ;o). Beware printing the same coupon more then once. The coupon barcode is valid one time and one time only!


You can also like BB&B on Facebook and keep an eye out for their coupons there.


After walking into BB&B, we went straight to customer service to confirm the rumor I had heard about using expired coupons. Here is what I learned:

BB&B will accept any expired MAILED store coupon and use all mailed coupons on the same transaction. If you have 10 items, and 10 store coupons, you can use all 10 of them. Their POS system will automatically apply the higher savings to the higher priced items, and the lower savings, to the lower priced items. 


BB&B will NOT accept expired EMAILED coupons and they will turn down any emailed BB&B coupon that has been printed out more then once.

BB&B CANNOT combine their single item store coupon with a store coupon that has a % off entire purchase. So if I have 2 items, and wanted to use 2 20% off store coupons, with a 20% off entire purchase coupon, I can only use one, or the other.

So here is what we did:

• Purchased 4 curtain panels, $40 each and used four 20% off store coupons
• Purchased 2 curtain rods, $18 each and used two $5 off store coupons

Not bad of a savings. Sure, these were small items compared to... brand new pots and pans, comforters, or nice expresso or coffee maker, but just knowing they can accept their own expired mailed coupons is huge!


Here's a side note, something a cashier actually tried for us while we were there the other day. I noticed the Coupon Savings Booklet on the counter.



The cashier scanned the book, then scanned a 20% off store coupon, and their system took the coupon! Those books are normally around $35-$45! ;o) In those books, you will usually find restaurant coupons, fast food coupons, coupons for a % off at your local movie theater, mini golf place, bowling alleys, or something like that for the family to enjoy.

So hold on to those BB&B coupons you get in the mail. If you signed up for their emailed coupons, try and use those first before the mailed coupons. You can hang on them longer ;o)

One more thing I learned, while talking to customer service about using their store coupons. BB&B has a sister store, Buy Buy Baby (BBB).

BBB will accept any BB&B mailed (only) store coupons at their stores, only if it has NOT expired. The BB&B coupons can be used only on certain items, but my BB&B was not able to confirm which items the store coupons can be applied to. We will need to ask BBB.

No comments:

Post a Comment