When I first started searching for coupons, I didn't really know where to start. I'd jumped online, and do Google searches for, "coupons" and all I would find are a list of sites we would have to sign up for. One sign up after another lead to a pile of JUNK in my email. It was pretty annoying watching my email account collect so much junk and barely recieve any grocery coupons I was looking for. So I killed that email account, gave up, and stuck with the coupons I found in the weekly circulars I receive in the mail. I didn't feel there was that many I could use, but I still saved a little here and there.
Sometime went by. I was in Super G (my local grocery store), and I over heard the customer ahead of me mention something about using other store competitor coupons. Huh?!?!?! So I decided to ask the cashier what coupons do they accept?
The cashier explained, Super G will accept any and all other store competitor coupons, except BJ's.
Whoa! I started thinking in my head, all this time, looking at other grocery store circulars, you mean we can actually use their store coupons??? We can bring in other grocery store coupons to Super G? Good to know!
That information stuck in my head for a little bit. At least until the next time we needed to go grocery shopping. With that in mind, I kept my eye out on all circulars that came in the mail and used them on my next shopping trip.
Honestly, I don't remember how much I saved, but I do remember feeling a bit excited that I learned how much more I could be saving with competitor store coupons. So, I decided to go back online, startup a new email account, just for coupons, and start researching where I can find them. Of course, any manufacture coupons can be used, but I actually started researching other grocery store circulars and here is what I discovered:
Even though I was getting weekly circulars in the mail, I learned we can print those same coupons, and more from online. Here are the online circulars, and coupons, I found for grocery stores in my area:
• Acme online circular and coupons
• Super G online circular and coupons
• Shop Rite online circular and coupons
• Super Fresh online circular and coupons
• Whole Foods online circular and coupons and The Whole Deal monthly editions
• Safeway online circular and coupons
• Food Lion online circular and coupons (need to sign up for)
While searching, I thought to look up other stores that sell groceries like; Target, Walmart, Kmart and pharmacy stores. Here is what I found:
• Target online circular and coupons
• Walmart online circular and coupons
• Kmart online circular and coupons
• Dollar General online circular and coupons
• Rite Aid online circular and coupons
• CVS online circular and coupons
• Walgreens online circular and coupons and their monthly in store coupon booklet found at the entrance of your local Walgreens
After a few trips using competitor store coupons, I realized how much more I was savings. It wasn't just a few dollars here and there anymore. It was an average of 20% savings! Yes, it sounds small, but are you going to complain about how much you saved?
Here is another something I learned, and you'll love this! Super G allows you to stack sale and coupons. What that means is, if there is a sale, you can take advantage of the sale + a store coupon + a manufacture coupon, which allows you to maximize your savings. HOLY GUACAMOLE! So guess what? All those other competitor store coupons I have found, I can use those on top of a sale item at Super G and if I find a manufacture coupon to go with the item(s), SCORE!
In my eyes, this was a pretty neat discovery and just having a simple understanding of Super G's coupon policy. I would hope you would find some of this information useful and hopefully this could lead to your own savings and discoveries at your local grocery store.
Side Note:
• If I did not list your grocery store, feel free to search online and see if you find an online circular.
• Some grocery stores/sites may require you to sign up to get their coupons. I recommend creating a separate email, so your primary email doesn't get bombarded by followup emails, ads, ways to get free samples...etc.
• If you are not receiving circulars from your local stores, you can either signup online, signup for their bounce cards, or contact the company directly to add yourself to their mailing list.
• In most cases, the same store or manufacture coupon, can be printed, ONLY TWICE from each IP address, only to prevent us from abusing online coupons. So be careful on how many times you may find a way to reprint. Stores do have coupon policies and limitations and have the right to decline your coupons.
• Some sites may require a coupon software that need to be downloaded, other wise the coupons don't print, or they may print out small.
• Most stores will need a scannable coupon, not one that they will need to physically adjust. Those small coupons I referred to above, may not aways be accepted in all stores. Ask first before making your way to the cash register.
• As a general rule, all manufacture coupons are accepted at many of the stores, however, there could be a limitation to how many manufacture coupons you could use in a single transaction or per item.
• In most stores, they will allow you to use 1 store coupon and 1 manufacture coupon per item. Check with your local store for their policy.
I had no clue about the stacking! Very good info!
ReplyDelete